- Cookies policy
The Cookies policy applies to all users in mediasat.ro. In the following, you will find all the necessary information regarding the placement, use and administration of cookies by MEDIA SAT S.R.L. (as the owner of the mediasat.ro platform) caused by browsing this page.
2. Notiunea de “cookie/cookies”
The term "cookie / cookies" designates both cookies and similar technologies through which information can be collected automatically.
„Internet Cookie” " ("cookie / s" or "HTTP / s" or "cookie / s") is a small file of letters and numbers stored on your computer, mobile terminal or other equipment through which the user accesses the Internet.
Cookies are installed following a request from a web server to a browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies have a fixed duration of existence, remaining "passive" in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware, and will not access the information on the user's hard disk using the device..
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookies can access them again when a user returns to the web page associated with that web server.
3. The purpose of using cookies on our site:
To provide users with a better browsing experience as well as services tailored to the needs and interests of each user, namely:
- Improved use, including by identifying any errors that occur during user visit / use by users;
- Depending on the services / products accessed, the cookie will anticipate the availability of similar goods in the future on our site.
Cookies will send feedback about how the website is used, which will allow us to take action to make it more efficient and accessible to users.
4. The duration of cookies
The duration of a cookie may vary and depends on the purpose for which it is placed. The categories of cookies also determine their duration:
- Cookie session is deleted automatically when the browser is closed.
- Persistent cookie Remains in the terminal until the expiration date (variable, from several minutes to several years) or until the user manually deletes the browser settings.
5. Which cookies are used through this site:
- Session cookies;
- Site performance cookies;
Session cookies - allow users to be recognized within a website so any page changes or item or data selection you do is remembered from page to page.
Performance cookies - memorize user preferences so they do not have to be repeated in case of a subsequent visit to the site.
6. Information stored and accessed via cookies
Cookies keep information in a small text file that allows for browser recognition. This website recognizes your browser until cookies expire or are deleted.
7. Stopping / limiting cookies
Disabling or refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, resulting in limitations in user usage..
Users can configure their browser to reject cookies or to accept only certain cookies from a preferred webpage. Current browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. Typically, these settings are in the browser's "options" or "preferences" section.
Refusing or disabling cookies does not mean eliminating online advertising content - but that it will not be tailored to the user's preferences and interests as they result from the navigation behaviour.